This season the FF1st team are proud to announce we have a top 1000 manager running the official Fantasy Football First site team. His job will be to tell you how and why he has picked certain players and formations for the Fantasy Premier League, and explain the reasoning behind any changes along the way. Introducing manager Nomde Guerre and his FF1st site team.
Game Week 8 review
At the back
- Elliot with only 1 point. It’s a disappointing score as Southampton didn’t trouble the Newcastle defence. The two Saint’s goals were due to poor Newcastle defending for the first and a pen for the second. I’ve still only ever had 1 penalty saved in FPL!
- Jones was moved into my first 11 at the last minute for Choupo Moting, and United’s underwhelming performance earned a clean sheet and 1 bonus point for a 7 point return.
- Kolasinac earned only 1 point again after looking to be heading to a clean sheet.
- Naughton picked up 6 points with his clean sheet: no bonus however.
- A no-show for Davies again. This time the excuse was “sickness”. I’m not buying that one and Davies now looks like a big rotation risk, especially as Rose returns soon. I will be watching this one closely as Davies may have to go.
- Davies replacement was Choupo Moting, who only scored 2 points but does have good upcoming fixtures.
- Salah blanked but got 3 points due to his clean sheet. I feel he really should have scored when he got on the clearance from Jones after a brilliant DDG save, only for Salah put it wide. However, Chorley thinks there was an offside in the build up – did not see that highlighted on MOTD Chorls!
- Groß got an assist and 1 bonus. He looks decent valued at £5.5m.
- Sterling, who was brought in for Mkhitaryan, was an instant success. He scored a goal and two assists, picking up 2 bonus points for a total of 15 points
- Jesus was another of last week’s transfers, costing me 4 points. I was repaid with two goals, three bonus points for a total of 13 points.
- Kane was my captain! What can I say? kane keeps killing me when captained at Wembley. That’s not happening again until he’s proven himself at Wembley as it is becoming a bigger jinx than not scoring in August!!! 2 points x2 as captain total 4 points. Hugely disappointing.
- Lukaku is usually Mr Consistency, but not this time. He blanked. Yet he really should have scored with a very good chance that was saved too easily by the keeper.
Overall my score was 60 points with a -4 for bringing in Sterling and Jesus (who between them got nearly half of this week’s total-28 points). I am pleased with this result because had I not transferred them in I would have had a very poor week with only 30 odd points.
The site team has had a good week rank wise with a 500k rise, which although is a great result it still reflects badly on my horrendous start to this season. There is still a lot of work to be done, which will take some time and a lot of patience, but we are at least now heading in the right direction. We have risen in rank 1.5 million places over the last 3 GWs after the -12 point fix to the disasterous WC team which you may recall had Sanchez as a one week failed Captain punt. We were rank 2.6m but after the fix have had 3 consecutive green arrows and have risen to a current 1.1m, hopefully we can bridge the 30 points required to get to 350k, then we will be in business for a second half of season that will hopefully end in the top 10k which was the pre season target.
Game Week 9
I have not yet decided on my moves for game week 9. My thoughts are currently:
- I am tempted by a punt on “triple Man City” attack.
- Richarlison catches my eye with each passing week.
- I have to admit I may have made a mistake buying Kolanisac and he needs to go. He’s simply not getting forward as expected and Arsenal look fragile in defence.
My thinking is that Kolanisac could be sold to a cheaper player, like Ward, releasing funds to get Richarlison for Chalobah. I have not decided and both players have poor fixtures this week, meaning I also have the option to roll my free transfer and buy them both in game week 10.
To complicate matters further i found out last night that one of my keepers Foster may be out for a while sustaining a knee injury while playing with his kid in the garden. We are OK this week as Elliot was the choice in goal home v Palace but going forward we need to address this keeper situation, I was wanting to replace Foster anyway and this is forcing my hand.
As usual, follow the comments below for updates on the team.