My team was nominated as the official Fantasy Football First team. So I’ll be explaining how and why I have picked certain players and formations for the Fantasy Premier League, and explain my reasoning behind any changes along the way. This article explains the changes I have made to my team and why.
My game week 32 team
Last week I sold Zabaleta because of his lack of game time, and bought Ivanovic. It felt like Ivan was the only Chelsea player not to score.
Captain Aguero did as expected, although Payet would have been the higher scoring choice.
My game week 33 team
In game week 33 I activated my wild card. In my most recent Double Game Week Planning article we finished with the below team, so naturally this was my starting point.
My worries with this team are
- Vardy has not scored in 6 games. He has three reasonable games and then three hard games in GWs 36, 37 and 38. Because of the other transfers I’ve planned, I’d have to keep him over the whole DGW period. Moreover, Leicester have been very defensive of late. So keeping him is a risk.
- I would like to bring in Aguero because City have good fixtures. Also they have a lot of players returning from injury. KDB is back. Silva is due back this weekend and Sterling very soon. They should have a full attack against mid-to-low table teams.
- Firmino has fallen out of favour and his game time is a doubt. The RMT Machine predicts Milner to earn as many points as Coutinho over the next 5 weeks making Milner a like for like swap.
- I want to ensure I can afford future transfers to build a team for GW37, however, I have to keep in mind that based on experience, GW37 is usually a disappointment and I should not take hits to chase it.
- I feel two Leicester defenders is over exposure, given the harder games in GWs 36 to 38. I’d like to bring in a United defender if possible because United’s defending stats for this season are “off the chart”.
In the end I can’t afford a United defender, so I choose:
|Player||33 (WC)||34 (BB)||35||36||37 (AOA)|
|Cash In The Bank||£0.5m||£0.5m||£0.6m||£0.2m||£0m|
Tell me your team below and I’ll take a look. Best of luck.
I’ve found out Olsson may have been dropped from the Baggies back 4. I’ll post an update once I’ve looked into this some more.